Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Warm Whispers

That the end never justifies the in-betweens
Doesn’t always leave me wanting more,
Just wanting
To know

So tell me, how did it feel
When your walls fell
Or did they?
When you said those sentences to me,
Just a little?

Well I wanted to kick your walls down
Instead, I refrained.
Stood back
Only picked up a brick every other day,
Measured the burden in my hand.
Honey, I
Threw it with all my strength
As far as I could
Praying that it would
Forever change
The weight, the strength,
The height and force of your wall.
I was for you.

And you weren’t ready for
My weight, my strength,
My height, the force of it all,
But I know
You wanted

And when you look back
I know,
You know
I was for you.

We said goodbye
Without a breath

I lost you
And it was effort-
less

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Standalone player
>